Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Driver Profile #90 Alex Lopez





Name: Alex Lopez

Age: 26

Location: Queen Creek, AZ

Years Drifting: <1


Vehicle of Choice: 2004 Infiniti G35 Twin Turbo

Why: I love the elegance and luxuary of the G35. It’s a 350Z with a longer wheel base and they are not everywhere. I love to way the car looks blowin’ smoke from the tires going sideways

Mods: Engine: Greddy Twin Turbo with FMIC, Crawford Plenum, Defi Gauges, Custom 3inch single to dual exhaust, K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers, Stillen Sway bars, KAAZ 1.5 way LSD, MOMO Drifting Steering wheel, NRG hub and QR, DMAX V35 Body Kit (not pictured, car comes out of the shop wed) Only Body Kit ever exported to the US, SPL Solid Front and Rear Diff Bushings.

Favorite Track to Throw Down: I love West Track at Firebird, this would have to be my favorite but not really a track you want to run with a lot of drivers. My next favorite Track will have to be PIR because of the high speeds and awesome infields. Third is Adams MotorSports Park in Riverside, Ca because of the tight turns and one set of tires will last you all day.

Personal Accomplishments in Drifting: I started Drifting July 2009. I have gotten help from all of the best drivers In AZ. My major accomplishments would be that I don’t make the people who have taught me look the other way when they see me drift and are willing to ride now for fun and not to teach all the time. Another accomplishment I would say is that I have gotten to tandem with a lot of great people. I have also gotten the support of many shops to include IntensePower.com

Personal Goals for the Future: Personal goal is to get better to be able to play with the big boys, going all out and getting as close to the wall as possible to give that little tip. I want to have the car caged and gutted this year.

Random Fact: I love sliding left…

Last Comment: watch me…

No comments:

Post a Comment